Building on its innovation capabilities, today Philips unveils hue, the world’s smartest web-enabled LED home lighting system. Philips hue signals a new era in home lighting both in the way we think about and experience light in our homes. It allows you to create and control the light using your smartphone or tablet. (An excerpt from an article by Philips in Phys.org).
Philips hue can be setup in minutes. The intuitive app allows you to remotely control your home lighting to help secure your home, personalize your home lighting experience with custom settings and program timers to help manage your daily schedules, all through the convenience of a smart device. An intuitive and seamless system, Philips hue is upgradeable and future-proof, with the potential for more features to be downloaded and enjoyed in the future.
- Save your favorite light scenes for each room or time of day and recall them in an instant
- Use any photo on your phone as a color palette to paint your room with light and bring your memories back to life
- Tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light
- Create ambience or complement your decor with the colors of the rainbow
- Control and monitor your lights remotely when not at home for security and peace of mind
- Set timers to help manage your daily routine
- Let light wake you up refreshed or help your loved ones fall asleep
The app for Philips’ hue also features expert LightRecipes: four pre-programmed lighting settings based on Philips’ research around the biological effects that lighting has on the body. These scenarios adjust bulbs to the optimum shade and brightness of white light to help you relax, read, concentrate or energize.
In home tests conducted in New York, Berlin and Shanghai, users highlighted hue’s great quality light, programmable timers and the fact they could control their lighting from outside the home as features they most appreciated. Moreover, consumers liked the ability to save personal light settings and recreate them at the touch of a button as well as the convenience of managing their lighting from their mobile device.
Philips hue is available only from Apple stores and Apple.com for $ 199 / € 199 / £179.
Full Article and video:
- Review: Philips Hue is where gadgets, apps, and lighting meet (geek.com)
- Phillips to Sell iOS-Controlled LED Light Bulbs Exclusively Through Apple Stores (macrumors.com)
- Philips to Release New iOS-Controlled LED Light Bulbs “Hue” Tomorrow at Apple Stores (hitechanalogy.com)
- Philips hue iPad-controlled LED lightbulbs hands-on (slashgear.com)
- Philips Unveils Hue Web-Enabled LED Home Lighting System (technocraz.com)
- Philips introduces iPhone and iPad-controlled LED home lighting system (ubergizmo.com)
- Philips demonstrates and explains its smartphone-controlled hue LED light bulbs (video) (pocket-lint.com)
- Philips HUE iPhone Controllable Light Bulb Available Now for $200 (gadgetreview.com)
- Bright idea? Philips’ Hue app-controlled lighting system makes light bulbs interesting (almost) (digitaltrends.com)
- Philips hue Wi-Fi-enabled lightbulbs with smartphone color control (gizmag.com)